November

Matthew 13.
Hindsight is 2020.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs bans God...

     The Constitution states that Americans have the right to exercise their faith freely... through the spoken word if they wish.
     "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances." First Amendment
     The State cannot establish a national religion. But it cannot abolish religion either. Somebody needs to tell the Obama Administration, so they can tell the V.A.
     Read about what happened recently at Houston National Cemetery.
     The federal government said, "Sorry. No God allowed."
     I say WE THE PEOPLE say different.
     I suppose one could argue that technically Congress did not do this. The Executive Branch did.
     Hmmm. More fundamental transformation. Render Congress irrelevant and rule by executive fiat. Who cares about separation of powers. Pay no attention to that pesky Constitution. 
     I suppose it is good to be king. It just isn't America.
     I already have a King anyway.
     Dear God, I'm on your team. Please hold me close.

"Everyone who acknowledges me before others
I will acknowledge before my heavenly Father.
But whoever denies me before others,
I will deny before my heavenly Father.”
Matthew 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails