November

Matthew 13.
Hindsight is 2020.

Friday, June 5, 2015

Funny Guy Friday... Is it warm in here, or is it me?...

     Funny Guy Friday is written each week by my husband Mark. So, I married a funny guy...
     I recently read that the United States Senate held a vote on one of the most controversial topics of our time. They narrowly passed a vote asserting that Climate Change is real. However, there was no consensus that Climate Change is the result of man-made forces.
     In a similar vote, the Senate voted that the sun is hot and the earth is round. A bill asserting that the moon is made of cheese was narrowly defeated.
     I must admit that I have not always been the biggest proponent of Climate Change, but I have to admit... it is real. I mean, a week ago, I played golf... and it was hot and humid with temperatures near 90. Today I was going to play golf, but it was rainy with temperatures in the 60's. One week, and the climate had changed.
     I know what you are thinking... Does this guy ever work? Golf... Golf... and more Golf... What's next, leaving early to coach his son's baseball team three times a week?
     Why, yes... that is next. It's good to be the boss. The only problem with my job and my coaching is the rain out... as a result of... Climate Change!   
     There you go... settled science! 
     You know, if I really were the boss of everything, there would be no Senate votes on Climate Change. In the 1970's there were several magazine covers warning of the coming Ice Age! The world was going to freeze to death. What if the Senate had held a vote declaring the 70's to be the Decade of the Polar Bear.  How silly would that have looked when thirty years later, many of the same magazines... and some of the same people... lamented that we were all going to melt away as a result of Global Warming?
     In fact, the same Polar Bears that were going to take over the world just thirty years earlier, were now going to be homeless as the Polar Ice Cap melted away.
     These poor Polar Bears don't know what they are supposed to do... thrive in the cold or perish in the heat!
     Well, as it turns out, the world is neither freezing nor melting away. So now what? How do we push a weather-related agenda that will benefit all Polar Bears... especially those that stand to gain millions... see Al Gore!
     Oh, I know... Climate Change.
     This covers every possible weather-related scenario. Hot... Cold... Windy... Sunny... Cloudy.
How can you argue against this? The climate does change, so, of course, the legislation passed.
      Pope Francis has weighed in on the subject on the side of the doomsayers believers. This morning, I read a Facebook post about a conservative politician who said that the Pope should stick to issues of religion and leave the science to the scientists. As you can imagine, there were many comments poking fun at the politician for disagreeing with the Pope.  Imagine, someone disagreeing with the Pope... what an idiot! 
     Hmmm.
     I wonder if these same people would still mock the politician if he disagreed with the Pope on issues such as, oh I don't know... let's say... abortion, gay marriage, or cohabitation.
     Maybe they would, but my guess is that if the politician disagreed with the Pope on those issues, he would be an enlightened thinker.
     Here is what I think. I think that if we are going to involve the Pope, why not go straight to the top.
     God created the earth and everything in it. The planet thrived for... oh... I don't know how many millennia, but suddenly, in the course of the last fifty years, man has come up with three separate theories as to why our days are numbered.
     First we were doomed because of the cold. Then we were doomed because of the heat. Now we are doomed because it is both hot and cold. The perfect catch-all necessitating a vote in the Senate!
     So, with Iran on the verge of having nuclear weapons, our cities burning with civil unrest, people out of work, and Christians being slaughtered because of their faith... and our leaders are voting on Climate Change.
     Makes sense to me.
     I am curious to know what would happen if someone proposed legislation that said four words... God is in charge! 
     Does anyone really think that our political leaders would let that get to the Senate Floor?
     Of course not... that would be silly... and Heaven knows, we cannot have our political leaders arguing over such a trivial matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails