November

Matthew 13.
Hindsight is 2020.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Indecency at the Smithsonian...

     I hardly know what to say.
     If you are planning a field trip to the Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery this Christmas season, you might want to reconsider.
     Read about their latest exhibit here, from CNS News, if you can stomach it. Along with the shocking images, pay specific attention to what the Smithsonian printed in their catalog, promoting this so-called art. Warning: graphic, lewd content.
     I recently was at the National Portrait Gallery. I was there for a lunch stop at a nearby cafe, and I remember wishing I had the time to go through it to look at the beautiful portraits. I thought to myself at the time, I can't believe I've never been here before.
     Now, I can't believe I can never go back.
     Do you ever feel like you keep waking up in a nightmare? Children go into that gallery. Was it really all that long ago when decency and purity meant something in America?
     Apparently, the Smithsonian would rather promote this circus sideshow.
     And just in time for Christmas.
     God forgive us.

Update, 11/30: Under fire, the Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery has removed a video depicting ants swarming all over the crucified Jesus, saying the video "may be" offensive to some.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the warning . . . we will not be headed there either!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails