November

Matthew 13.
Hindsight is 2020.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Story People...

  More of my favorite Story People quotes:
  • "These are little packets of light & you need to plant them early in the year & remember to mark where they were because lots of times they look like weeds in the beginning & it's not until later that you see how beautiful they really are."
  • "There are your fog people & your sun people, he said. I said I wasn't sure which kind I was. He nodded. Fog'll do that to you, he said."
  • "Trying to hide in a bag filled with old stuff & appliances that don't work, she can only do it so long before she gets tired of the crumbs in her hair."
  • "I have a friend who reads people's auras. He sees all sorts of colors like green & red & purple. He says anyone can do it. All it takes is forgetting everything you think you know & just looking. I've tried it & even though I haven't seen any colors yet, everyone I meet looks so beautiful when I stop knowing everything, that it's pretty hard to go back to the old way."
  • "How many people can you love before it's too much? she said & I said I didn't think there was any real limit as long as you didn't care if they loved you back."
  • "I'm on my way to the future, she said & I said, But you're just sitting there listening & she smiled & said, It's harder than you'd think with all the noise everyone else is making."
  • "I can imagine it working out perfectly, I said. I can't, she said & I said no wonder you're so stressed."
  • "I only do this until I get dizzy & then I lay down on my back & watch the clouds, she said. It sounds simple but you won't believe how many people forget the second part."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails