November

Matthew 13.
Hindsight is 2020.

Monday, November 28, 2011

I'll walk in the rain by your side...

    "The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain." ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow ~
     The long-awaited family photo shoot came and went last Tuesday. My entire side of the family was together all at the same time. Very difficult to do.
     So what if it rained.
     If you ask me, there's something about the rain that is soothing and romantic. But traipsing around town in it with 25 people has its challenges. Still, everyone was relaxed and had fun.
     This event was a gift for my parents. I thought my mom looked so pretty. Dad looked great, too.
        And the grandchildren were having a good time. Can you tell?
      Here we were back at my parents' house... the home we grew up in. All gathered together once more.
     This one was just my parents and brother and sisters. Seemed like old times.
     As picture day approached, and I saw day after day that the forecast called for rain, I was anticipating an artsy, rainy day shoot that would give us images we would not otherwise ever get. I think I may have been the only one excited about the rain. And when it came time for our individual family shot, the skies opened up, and it poured. Ours was the only family it did that for. God gets me.
 
"It's not raining to me
It's raining daffodils
With every dimpled drop I see
Wildflowers on a distant hills."
~ Robert Loveman ~

"... And I'll sing you the songs of the rainbow
A whisper of the joy that is mine
The leaves will bow down when you walk by
And morning bells will chime."
~ John Denver ~ 

     A special thank you to our photographer Erin Granzow, assisted by her lovely daughter... troopers both. Your relaxed and cooperative spirit helped make our day so very special. 

1 comment:

  1. Weez ~ love love love the post. What amazing memories from our trip back east for Thanksgiving 2011. We are truly blessed! The rain was pretty cool (even tho we see more than our share of it where we live out west : ) and the pics turned out great. Thanks for all the great hospitality. Love ya. Duge

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails