November

Matthew 13.
Hindsight is 2020.

Friday, April 19, 2013

Funny Guy Friday... This isn't as easy as it looks...

     Funny Guy Friday is written each week by my husband Mark. So, I married a funny guy...
     The way I work this Funny Guy Friday every week is pretty simple. Something happens during the week that I find to be humorous, and I spend a few days thinking about it while I am driving, watching TV, or maybe while I am taking a shower. There have even been nights when I lie in bed and chuckle in the middle of the night at the ridiculously funny ideas that I come up with.
     Basically, whenever I have a free minute, I get to thinking about how I can turn a two minute event into an entire blog entry.
     After receiving the necessary releases from that week's subject, I begin typing.
     Obviously, I have too much free time on my hands.
     Not this week though... no sir.
     My week started off with a trial on Monday morning, followed by a meeting with a client to prepare for a hearing on Tuesday morning. After Tuesday's hearing, I began preparing for a trial that I had coming up on Friday. On Wednesday, I had two criminal cases in the morning and then traveled to a local school to interview another client who had a trial scheduled for Thursday. Wednesday afternoon, I met with the client whose trial was to be on Friday.
     Thursday's trial went all morning and into the afternoon. During the breaks in the trial, I got on my phone in an effort to settle my case scheduled for all day on Friday. Those efforts resulted in a meeting with the judge who would eventually hear the case on Friday.
     Oh, by the way, did I mention that I am coaching Matthew's baseball team and helping coach Noah's team. Monday night, Matthew had practice and on Tuesday, he had a game. Noah had a game on Wednesday and practice on Friday. You may be thinking that Thursday was open. Wrong. Matthew had practice.
     You may also be thinking: he has a full time job, coaches two baseball teams and manages to write FGF every week. He is super human. If you were thinking that, you would be right. I kinda am.
     Okay, so that was my week.
     There has been an occasion or two when I have used this blog to poke a little fun at my lovely wife. I kid because I love.
     Clearly, I love Cheryl... No question.
     And in the process of poking fun at my wife, I may, sort of, in a round about way, elevate my achievements. Kind of... sort of... but not really.
     Anyway, as a result of my fun-poking and self-aggrandizing, my lovely wife has threatened to guest write an FGF and poke fun at me. As if that were possible.
     How hard can it be? You manage every week.
     It is never hard when somebody else is doing it.
     I bet Newton's wife probably said to him, how hard is this Physics stuff... things in motion tend to stay in motion blah blah blah. You go test your little actions and equal and opposite reactions while I homeschool the kids. 
     I advised Cheryl that I make this look easy and it is no small feat to come up with an idea week after week after week... after week.
     By the way, I do believe that Physics is easy compared to what I do.
     Because of my ridiculous schedule this week, I decided to take Cheryl up on her offer/threat. While getting ready for work on Wednesday, I asked the little Froggie to hop up on the log and croak out a column.
     No problem.
     What are you going to write about? I asked
     I dunno. Do something stupid. 
     You can't ask somebody to do something stupid; it just happens... naturally.
     Good, I should have something on you by the time you leave this morning.  
     I called Cheryl on my drive home on Wednesday to see if there were any ideas percolating around in her brain. Nothing.
     I have come close to my Friday deadline on a rare occasion (every week) but I am a seasoned veteran and have always managed to pull something out of nothing. Cheryl is a novice. This was not good.
     On Thursday, I could not call home because I was in court all day and then went directly to Matthew's practice.
     However, on the drive home from practice, I again called home and asked Cheryl how FGF was coming.
     Not good... I have not even started. 
     You do have some ideas don't you? You have to have something.  My adoring public will want something. I have a Cal Ripken-like streak going and you can't blow this.
     I can blow this because I am... DOING LAUNDRY!
     Doing laundry! Really! Laundry! FGF is due out in less than twelve hours and now is the day she decides to do laundry.
     If you are a regular reader of FGF, you know that laundry has been the bane of my existence. I have asked... nay, I have begged Cheryl to do a load of laundry a day for the past twenty one years. Just one load a day and the laundry will never pile up. Alas, my begging has fallen on deaf ears.
     Who knew that all I had to do was ask Cheryl to write an FGF post in order to get the laundry done?
     As a result of these recent developments, I will now request that Cheryl write a post similar to FGF every day of the week. Each day, she will ignore my request and do laundry. This is a foolproof plan.
     So from now on, you can look forward to:
     Mildly Amusing Monday with Mom
     Tom Foolery Tuesday with Toots
     Wacky Wednesday With Weezer
     Thrilling Thursday with The Old Ball and Chain
     Funny Guy Friday (we will keep this so you will actually have something to read once a week... while all my shirts are cleaning)
     Silly Saturday with Sista' Cheryl
 
     Sundays we fold! Er uh, I mean rest.

     Life is good. I just settled my case for Friday.
     I have clean shirts for the next few days... and a plan to keep Cheryl on top of the laundry.
     But most importantly, my Ripken-like streak continues.
     I do make this look easy.
     Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails