November

Matthew 13.
Hindsight is 2020.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lent begins today...

     I was back at the window today, saying my prayers, and watching for the morning to come alive once again... yet I did not see one single bird. Not one.
     I think this means I am supposed to turn my eyes to the inside of my home, and pause to consider my plans for this new liturgical season of Lent.
     What I need to do cannot be found out in my side yard.
     Forty days. A period of sacrifice and hardship before the gift of new life.
     So... Here goes. This is what I plan to do...
     Housework first, before computer. Fill forty bags in forty daysMake room in the inn.
     Life moves quickly... examining my conscience at the end of the day is not enough for me. I must be prepared ahead, and be aware of my pitfalls. For nothing lands me in the confessional like my sins of omission. The things I should have done that I did not. Fridge stocked. Meals prepared. Rooms picked up. Laundry done. Blah. Blah. Blah.
     I would simply rather read or write. Or sit still and think. But these other things are my responsibility, too.
     And so for today, I will strengthen my will by doing what I'd rather not, to help me with tomorrow. And for forty days, I will use my hands to bless my family, and my sacrifices to make lots of room for God in my home.
     May God bless you abundantly this Lenten season.

For the link to Holy Heroes Lenten Adventure, click here.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the idea Cheryl. I remember seeing that last year too late in the game but I think I'll do that this Lent too. Sr Ann Shields said this am on the radio to look at the one or two things that keep you from growing closer to God....simplifying the clutter around here and less time on the computer...yup, that's where i'll focus. : ) Bless you today. Love, Sue

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails