November

Matthew 13.
Hindsight is 2020.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Funny Guy Friday... And now, a word from my funny hubby...

  Now that my wife has completely bummed everyone out with her scene from the movie Up... I thought I would lighten the mood as her first-ever guest blogger.  By the way, I have never seen Up, but after I watched the clip of that poor man’s wife passing away, Cheryl tells me that the rest of the movie, unlike that uplifting scene, is “kind of sad.”  Wow... can’t wait to see the whole movie!
  This whole blogging thing is new to our family, and quite frankly, I don’t like it.  You see... I used to have a wife that, at the end of the day, would love to kiss me good night, snuggle in bed, and then in the morning, she would open her eyes and be the happiest woman in the world because the first thing she would see would be the love of her life lying next to her (that would be me).  
     Alright, not the exact scene in our home.  In fact, it is not really all that close.  Typically, at night, I would go to bed and turn on a game while she cleaned the kitchen or fell asleep in our son’s bed.  When she finally came to our bed, she would either tell me to turn the TV down (even if it was inaudible to a dog) or, no matter what the situation was in the very important game that I was watching, she would ask, “Do you want to watch Glenn Beck?  I taped it today.”  Really?? You taped it today??  Judging from the fact that our DVR is 100% full with Glenn’s rants, my guess is that you tape it EVERY day.  
     And, before blogging, when she woke up in the morning, it was usually because I would wake her up and ask her to iron my shirt.  Typically, she would roll over and go back to sleep until one of the kids came in and woke her up.  Usually... eventually... sometimes... she would get to my shirt.  It was not the most romantic routine in the world, but it was our routine.  Blogging has changed all of that.
  At night, my beautiful wife is on the computer reading up on the news of the day, or reading the daily readings from the USCCB website, or watching that crazy Vortex guy... I am not sure why I don’t care so much for him and his silly pencil spinning routine, but I don’t.  She researches Founding Fathers... She researches famous quotes... She researches scriptures... She researches Founding Fathers quotes about famous scriptures.  The whole thing has gotten out of hand.  
     In the morning, she wakes up, and when she finds the laptop -- do other families misplace their laptops, or is that just us? -- she logs on, and no matter how late everyone is, or how wrinkly my shirts are, she changes the date on her blog, and looks for an appropriate quote for the day.  None of this helps get anyone ready.  In fact, there are mornings when she asks me to turn off Sportscenter, so she can focus on the task at hand.  Turn off Sportscenter... This is madness!!! 
  Well, I have read her stuff, and I must say that I am impressed.  There has been more than one occasion where I have accused her of plagiarizing because it sounds too good.  I mean, we talk about this stuff, and she never sounds that good when we talk.  It is not that I think that she is not smart... she is.  She is one of the smartest, most clever people that I have ever met.  It is just that this is not what I married.  This blogging thing has changed her.
     Truth be told, other people are now able to see how smart and how talented she really is, and I am very proud of her.  Now... can any of you iron my shirts? 

  One final thought...  It would be really cool if I got a lot of great comments and new hits on her blog.  It is not that I am competitive... I just want to be better than my wife... and I didn’t even have to do any research.       

2 comments:

  1. Too funny. Mark, in the time it took for me to read your blog entry the nat'l debt increased 3 trillion dollars! I know that b/c there is a counter on the right hand corner of Cheryl's blog!!! You need your own blog now...let's start thinking of some clever names....

    ReplyDelete
  2. A quick note to my funny husband... Very clever : ) Just for the record... I happen to love the "Vortex guy" and Glenn Beck... Two voices of truth in a world that doesn't always want to listen. Not you, honey... I know you agree with them, it's just their style... But that's okay... some like vanilla... some like strawberry...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails