November

Matthew 13.
Hindsight is 2020.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Fascism... Just another piece of the fundamental transformation...

     Look at this video from our friends over at Creative Minority Report... It shows President Obama's Regulatory Czar, and then the president himself, suggesting that websites with one point of view should link to sites with a competing viewpoint. Just for some balance. You know... just to make it easier for people to get all sides.
     If you don't already do it, then maybe you could voluntarily do it. But if you don't voluntarily do it, then maybe... ve vill make you. Because, you know, as the Czar said, "The word voluntary is a little complicated... and some people don't do what's best for our society." He went on to say that a Congressional mandate would be necessary as "an ultimate weapon designed to encourage people to do better." I guess you could say that weapons do encourage people.
     So that means that if I post about... oh, I don't know... maybe how fascism is evil... then I would also have to link to a site that promotes it. Really?? On my own blog?? Silly me... I was under the impression that this was still America.  Funny how the president clothes his support for this in good old red, white and blue: "The practice of listening to opposing views is essential for effective citizenship."
     Maybe the Administration thinks you are too stupid to find opposing views on your own. Maybe President Obama doesn't know how to work all those gadgety things, but I bet you do. Don't be fooled. In the humble opinion of this blogger... who has eyes to see and ears to hear... this is an assault on free speech... by the President of the United States. And I tell you my opinion plainly and simply. No opposing view necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails