November

Matthew 13.
Hindsight is 2020.

Friday, May 7, 2010

If a tree falls in the woods...

Morning after morning... amid sips of vanilla coffee and hugging my husband and kids as they head out the door... I log on to my blog, change the date at the top, and joyfully update my quotes for the day.  But sometimes I wonder... Am I the only one who ever looks at this thing? If I blog... will they come??

This reminds me of the age-old question: If a tree falls in the woods, and no one is there to hear it...  does it still make a sound??

I guess I have to ask myself... Does it really even matter?  I mean, after all, of all the qualities of a tree, noisemaking just doesn't spring to mind.  Trees don't really require a lot of feedback, if you know what I mean.  They don't exist to be recognized by passersby.

More importantly, however, they are created to help breathe life for the world... provide shelter for those in need... grow a little each day... bear abundant fruit... and stand tall and point to God.  Some are even transformed into something more lovely and useful.  Just like us.  Every day.  Even if nobody notices.

7 comments:

  1. So true . . . and people DO read! Thabks for taking the time to share with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I like that. Keep on bloggin girlfriend. You are good : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it doesn't matter if anyone reads...it is here for you to journal and vent. A little time to meditate with our Lord. +JMJ+

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nicely said. You'll find exponentially more read your blog than comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cheryl! I am Mary S.'s (from your Mom's group) niece. Your blog looks great and I can't wait to read more! Looking forward to meeting you IRL :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails