November

Matthew 13.
Hindsight is 2020.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Indoctrination update...

     You may have read my post about the indoctrination field trip. Here is my update.
     Yesterday, after reviewing what appeared to be another go-green science lesson, I contacted a representative from the STEM program at my daughter's high school, to discuss what I feared was a green trend for STEM science.
     She apologized about the field trip, and assured me that the children were not supposed to see the global warming exhibit at the museum. The museum curator had been instructed to show them the infectious diseases exhibits only.
     She further assured me that our school's STEM program has no agenda to indoctrinate the students with the man-made global warming point of view. She said the current science assignment examining climate data trends was designed to enable the students to discover the natural causes of changes to our climate, not just accept the current drum beat of man is the cause. The point of the exercise was not spelled out, but I will take her word for it.
     I further mentioned two speeches from the Secretary of Education and the Undersecretary of Education, given at last month's Sustainability Summit, regarding the STEM programs, and the Department of Education's mission to turn our students into "good little envirionmental citizens" in this "green revolution."
     She assured me that at our school, they are not doing that.
     I believe her, because I still have hope that things may be different on the local level. But I will stay vigilant.

1 comment:

  1. good for you for following up, weez....way to stay in the game!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails