November

Matthew 13.
Hindsight is 2020.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

A poem from my fifth grader...

     It seems Funny Guy isn't the only other writer in our family. Here is a poem Matthew wrote in school...
I Am From...
I am from the sound of crickets at night...
Home run derbies with my friends...
Kids riding their bikes.
   I am from steamed crabs with old bay and vinegar...
   Grandma's just-right meatballs...
   Cold Ledo's pizza just for breakfast.
       I am from sayings like, "Is your homework done?"...
      And, "Lights out"...
      And, "Do not eat so fast."
          I am from a loving family...
          A funny dad...
         And a loving mom.
             I am from kindness.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job bud! I couldn't resist adding a few more:
    "I am from screaming BOB while visiting w/ my Uncle Mike!"
    "I am from wearing underwear on my head w/ Thomas to get power from Mrs Power"
    I like the kindness part...it's very true : ) Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails