November

Matthew 13.
Hindsight is 2020.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Golden Hymn Book...

     If you haven't yet discovered the Golden Hymn Book, you can link to it from my sidebar, under Food for the Soul, just below the Daily Readings.
     This little hymn book is a lovely treasure of hymns and poems from 1903, written with old-fashioned verbiage... not everybody's cup of tea... but I like it. It reminds me of simpler times. Uncluttered. Quiet. Plain and clear.
     Just before I read the Readings of the day, I say one of the morning hymns aloud. As I go through the book, hymn by hymn, I will undoubtedly add to my routine the evening hymns as well.
     But for now, I will greet the morning with a song, and ready my heart for the Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails