November

Matthew 13.
Hindsight is 2020.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Wisdom from the Old Testament...

     I love the Old Testament. I think that some people don't really explore what it says, because they think it is archaic and meaningless to them today. But if you read it day after day, you will see that it often pertains to exactly what is happening in today's modern times. 
     God speaks to us through his Word. I can't live without it. Today's question... What are we to do to please God and show Him our faithfulness? It's very simple, from Micah 6...
"With what shall I come before the LORD, and bow before God most high? Shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves a year old? Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, with myriad streams of oil? Shall I give my first-born for my crime, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? You have been told, O man, what is good, and what the LORD requires of you: Only to do the right and to love goodness, and to walk humbly with your God."
     It's that simple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails