November

Matthew 13.
Hindsight is 2020.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Funny Guy Friday... Kids... er... uh... I say the darndest things...

     So... Cheryl and I were shopping for our son's birthday, and we decided to go into Toys R Us to buy a few things. One of the items that we purchased required batteries. Fortunately, Toys R Us sells batteries.
     I found several batteries at a very good price. I found AA... I found AAA... and I found C batteries. The problem was that I could not find D batteries. I looked high and low, and even created little songs in my head. Songs like, I found Double A, I found Triple A, I found a little C, but why no D?... and, Double A, Triple A, Double C, Triple C but no D, no Double D, no Triple D. Okay, not great songs, but what do you want on such short notice?
     As we approached the check out line, I decided to ask the young lady if they had the batteries that we were looking for. When we got to the front of the line, the second song that I mentioned above was still rolling around in my pea brain.
     So picture this... in my head... Double A, Triple A, Double C, Triple C, no D, no......
     Now, picture me at this very point in this song in my head, approaching the very nice, very curvy young check-out girl, and no longer thinking, but now actually saying, "Do you have Double Ds?"
     That's right... I asked, Do you have Double Ds?
     Now, I knew exactly what I had said, but I just plowed ahead as if that had been a perfectly normal question. Once I got out of the store, the enormity of my idiocy finally caught up with me, and I hung my head, and tried to hide behind my hands. Of course, Cheryl did not have much sympathy and mockingly said "Why of course I do... but what kind of batteries do you need?"
     Now, I am afraid to go back to the store for fear that Geoffrey the Giraffe will have a picture of me in a noose with a sign that says, DDon't wait on this man!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails