November

Matthew 13.
Hindsight is 2020.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Meditation... A humble heart full of the love of Christ


The days are coming, says the LORD,
when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel
and the house of Judah.
It will not be like the covenant I made with their fathers:
the day I took them by the hand
to lead them forth from the land of Egypt;
for they broke my covenant,
and I had to show myself their master, says the LORD.
But this is the covenant that I will make
with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD.
I will place my law within them, and write it upon their hearts;
I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
No longer will they have need to teach their friends and relatives
how to know the LORD.
All, from least to greatest, shall know me, says the LORD,
for I will forgive their evildoing and remember their sin no more.

     Do you ever sense that God has just taken his finger, and pulled back a veil of understanding from your heart or your mind. He does that when He shares his Wisdom with us. Read his Word and you will see.
     This happened to me today, when I read the above passage from Jeremiah. 
     I used to read this and wonder what sort of secret message God would write upon my heart. How would I know what it was? Did this mean that I didn't have to share the Gospel of hope with my friends and neighbors anymore, because they too would have it written on their hearts? And they would just know? What would they know? And why would He write it on their hearts, and not their minds? 
     The old covenant was the Law of Moses... All the rules to live by to know God and be right with God. How to wash... What kind of offering to give... What utensils to use... and on and on. No one could possibly do them all perfectly every moment. No one could ever measure up. No one, but Jesus. For he was the fulfillment of the Law. He was perfect.
     We are not perfect.
     But we are not called to be perfect. We are called to Love. To Love with the humble, forgiving heart of Christ. For He is perfect. And through Him, we are made right.
     That was what God would write on our hearts. No magic message. No code to crack. No complex instructions.
     Simply Love. Love God. Love our neighbor.
     With Humility and Mercy. With the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
     Love.
     And they'll know we are Christians by our Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails