November

Matthew 13.
Hindsight is 2020.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I've been tagged...

     Okay, so I just figured out what it means to be "tagged." My friend Amy, at Together for a Reason, tagged me in her post about her favorite 5 devotions, so now I think I'm supposed to say my favorite 5 devotions, too.
     As Funny Guy Friday says, "Easy-peasy-mcsqueasy." 
1. Morning Offering... a great way to start our day...
Father in Heaven, I give You this day...
All that I think, and do, and say...
I give You the good times, as well as the bad...

Times when I'm happy, times when I'm sad...
Fill me with Grace and keep me strong...
With You at my side, I won't go wrong. Amen.

2. Daily Readings... You can find the link in my sidebar, under Food for the Soul.
3. Chaplet of Divine Mercy... Ideally prayed at 3 in the afternoon.
4. Anything Mary... Needless to say, the Hail Mary... asking Her to help me with my mothering. Also, this prayer...
Our Lady, Queen of the Angels...
August Queen of Heaven, sovereign queen of Angels, you who at the beginning received from God the power and the mission to crush the head of Satan, we beseech you humbly... Send your holy legions so that, on your orders and by your power, they will track down demons, fight them everywhere, curb their audacity and plunge them into the abyss. Who can be compared to God? Oh good and tender Mother, you will always be our love and our hope. Oh divine Mother, send the Holy Angels and Archangels to defend me and to keep the cruel enemy far from me. Holy Angels and Archangels defend us, protect us. Amen.  
5. Prayer to St. Michael the Archangel... We end our day with this one, for protection and peace.
     So there you have it. Five of my faves. 
     But I must say, if I could do only one, it would be the Daily Readings.
     May the peace of Christ be always in your hearts and in your homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails